+1
Fixed

Reverse Engineering is so buggy I have given up

spike.tokyo 5 months ago updated by dev 3 months ago 8

I have just spent 2 to 3 hours trying to use Reverse Engineering from an MySQL database, using utf8 character set, 10 tables.

Whether using MS Explorer or Google Chrome, the import always hangs if I try to import more than 1 table and then sometimes when just trying to add a new table to a diagram.

Sorry but I'm moving onto a different solution and consider this a waste of money.

Spike

Answer

+2
Answer
Fixed

Hi, the new version with fix has been rolled, you can try Reverse Engineering again.

Thank you for your assistance,

SqlDBM Team

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by spike.tokyo 5 months ago
+2
Accepted

Dear Spike,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I can understand your frustration.
 

We have found an issue related to reverse engineering affecting performance.


We are actively working on the fix of this issue and will release the fix soon (hopefully fix would be released by early next week).

FYI: If it helps you to hold your decision to go with any other solution, I would like to let you know that we never had any issue with RE feature, this is first time we have such issue and we are on it, just give us few days to fix it.

Thanks,

Team - SqlDBM

+2

Dear Team SqlDBM,

          sorry for the comments I made in the last message. I will persevere with SqlDBM as I still find that it’s one of the most intuitive apps out there. Please let me know when the fix for RE is released and I will test it again and let you know how it goes. 

Spike

Adding 1 table shouldn't take too long... Few moments later

+2

Very funny picture.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are hoping to release the fix over this weekend.

Team - SqlDBM

+2

Dear SqlDBM Team,

                  I have just tested the Reverse Engineering for my project and it worked perfectly. You have saved me many hours of work with this improvement. Thank you so much for your quick response and again my apologies for the tone of my initial complaint, frustration and a time deadline got the better of my manners.

Best regards,

                     Spike

+2
Answer
Fixed

Hi, the new version with fix has been rolled, you can try Reverse Engineering again.

Thank you for your assistance,

SqlDBM Team

I gave it a try again today and Can Confirm , Import is significantly faster now. 

But I'll have to describe that after the import it uses up a ton of resources (for the sanity of the next user) ,

simply save after the import , close the tab then re-open it.

Thank you so much for the import fix , SqlDBM Team

    I have meet the same questions wen I try to import tables.  The chrome crash many times.