0
Fixed

Saved Data Lost

igor.augustynski 3 months ago • updated by Eugene 1 month ago 6

Hello,

I just noticed that I have lost some tables in one of my Diagrams.

I'm on V24 right now, and after changing and saving two or three tables, some other not modified tables seem restored to a state previous to V20 (or about there). The tables themselves do exist, but they're completely empty (no columns or relations) and their position isn't correct. 

Answer

Answer
Fixed

Dear User,

 We did not hear from you since our last message to you and we hope that your request has been resolved.

We are closing this ticket for now, feel free to contact us in case you have any following questions.

Thanks

Team - SqlDBM

Under review

Dear User,

Regarding the issue you mentioned:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Honestly, we never heard of such issue from any of our user. And if this is happening, I assure you that we will fix it as soon as possible.

Please provide details of project/issue, so we can investigate  

- Which project revision number you added the affected/missing "tables with columns and relationships"

- How did you add these tables/columns/relationships (using Reverse Engineering or created via SqlDBm tool)

- Do the affected/missing items, not exist in any of the revisions or just in latest revision 


- If possible, please share your project with us (by adding us as collaborator "support@sqldbm.com")

- share screenshot of the issue, if any

- let us know which browser/version you are using for SqlDBM.



Thanks,

Team - SqlDBM

Hello,

  1. I have added the affected tables before around revision 20, I don't exactly remember which one it was.
  2. The whole project has been designed from scratch using sqldbm tool.
  3. The affected tables for sure existed in revisions 20 to 23, I've lost them in rev 24.
  4. I will share the project with you. I also have the HTML code of the whole Diagram, as I have copied it yesterdat using Inspector, to save it on my computer. I will send this HTML to you by email to the support@sqldml.com address.
  5. I'm Using latest Google Chrome on MacOS.

Also I should mention that I had the app opened in two browser tabs. The one I was working on, rev24 and an old one I didn't notice, with rev. 20 opened. In the old browser tab the affected tables were present and ok. Maybe the issue is about the application running in two concurrent windows, which should be prevented or made possible. I have closed the old tab, unfortunately.

Dear User,

  Thank you for sharing your project with us for investigation purpose. I noticed, that the affected tables were added in rev 20.

Also, in all the revisions since rev 20 , the affected tables are absolutely empty (no columns). No revisions has columns for affected tables.


It seems like this issue happened due to project opened different tabs of same browser. The application uses browser memory to save data and communicate to the server, also the browser memory is shared memory resource for same URLs.


Feel free to contact us in case you have any further questions.

Thanks

Team - SqlDBM

Unfortunately we can not reproduce the issue.

Working in two tabs is possible and doesn't produce any issues (at least we can't reproduce it).

If you can reproduce the issue and give us steps to reproduce it - we will fix it with top priority and roll it out as hot fix with out waiting for next release.

Thanks,

Eugene

Answer
Fixed

Dear User,

 We did not hear from you since our last message to you and we hope that your request has been resolved.

We are closing this ticket for now, feel free to contact us in case you have any following questions.

Thanks

Team - SqlDBM