- In Snowflake SQL, you can define comments on a View and on it's Columns.
- Here is sample Create View SQL from Snowflake documentation:
CREATE VIEW v1 (pre_tax_profit COMMENT 'revenue minus cost', taxes COMMENT 'assumes taxes are a fixed percentage of profit', after_tax_profit) AS SELECT revenue - cost, (revenue - cost) * tax_rate, (revenue - cost) * (1.0 - tax_rate) FROM table1;
- Add ability to maintain View description (comment) in SqlDBM like is done for a Table.
- Add ability to maintain View Column description (comment) in SqlDBM like is done for a table Column.
- Add ability to see/maintain these descriptions in the Database Documentation page, as is done for Tables and Columns now.
Customer support service by UserEcho