- We use Looker as our BI reporting platform.
- It includes a data modeling feature, basically organizing metadata based off of an underlying database schema structure (like the tables in a Snowflake schema).
- It's possible for customizations to be made in Looker that we want to track and align with our enterprise models.
- Just like we want to know if the schema design in our Production Snowflake database has deviated from our design, we'd like to be able to detect the same thing in Looker.
- Also, Looker has a "data dictionary" feature where column definitions can be maintained.
- We want to try to keep a common definition for each table, view, column, etc. in all platforms (SqlDBM, Snowflake, and Looker).
Customer support service by UserEcho